Monday, January 7, 2013

Return to Work

 
Song of the Day: Thank You by Dido

I accepted a regular full-time job today. Yes, I was a sell-out and decided that I wanted to give a boring 9-to-5 job. As most of you know, I've always worked at least 5 jobs since I was a freshman in high school. While this was difficult physically, I enjoy every minute of working. I was blessed in that I was able to attain all of my dream jobs... all at once. It's an amazingly lucky problem to have, so I made the brilliant decision to accept all of them. Fortunately, I have amazing bosses who have worked with me to accommodate my schedule and who constantly go above and beyond to support and mentor me.

At the same time, I've been feeling ill for a long time and I think that I would do better if I focused on one job. I struggled for months to decide which job I would continue, but I decided that I want to start over from the beginning on a new career path.

That doesn't mean that I'm stopping all of my activities. I'll still be at the Autism Speaks dinner, so I want to see you there! We're just $1,200 short of our fundraising goal, so please come out and support us. To sweeten the deal, I've partnered with Autism Speaks to offer the following incentives to the top five donors:

Your choice of:

- Single, couple or family portraits in pencil, charcoal, oil, or watercolor
- A photography or music video shoot at one of the locations from my Martha Stewart Weddings shoot
- Dinner and press access for one person to see the Yankees play in the Bronx

Keep your fingers crossed that this will be the beginning of a new and productive life for your favorite funnygirl. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment