Tuesday, April 23, 2013

F-word of the Day: Family


Song of the Day: Ode to My Family By The Cranberries

I haven't been out of my room in days. Along with everything else, I have a lot of allergies. I get particularly severe reactions to pollen, grass, sun, and trees. So you can imagine how much I like spring. A particularly bad bout with allergies resulted in allergic asthma and a very bad flare - the first I've had in several months. Being sick and stuck at home was starting to get me down today when my dad brought me fruit and ginger ale - the same remedies he has always brought me during times of sickness ever since I was a child. A few hours later, my mom brought me oranges and soup.

So even thought I haven't stopped coughing and wheezing, and I have had a fever for nearly a week, I smile and begin to feel better. And then my lovely husband comes home with ice cream and I feel a sense of joy that I haven't felt in weeks.

And that's why the F-word of the day is "family."

No comments:

Post a Comment